[ONE-SHOT] Time Does Heal Everything


Prompt: "It’s like my heart dies a little bit more every day he's not here”
Pairing: broken! Minho/OC, Minho/Nickhun
Rating: G
Genre: Slight angst, tiny fluff if you squint.
Word count: 500+

{WARNING} This is yaoi, meaning boy x boy so please exit now if you don't approve of this genre, thanks ^_^

Summary:

They say time heals everything, but I guess it didn’t apply to me. Time didn’t take away my pain. Instead my heart died a little more every day he wasn’t there.






It’s been months since he turned to leave and never looked back.

Yet every minute I feel his presence, as if he was still here. His laughter was still ringing my ears. His touches still fresh; I could feel it numbing my skin. His kisses left warmth that kept me warm enough to endure the cold winter nights. Images of him flashed before me, I could vividly see him in my mind, walking towards me.

But he was gone.

There were no light in my world anymore. Even if the sun was shining brightly on a hot summer’s day, I could only feel the cold gust of King Winter’s rage, wrapping around me and dragging me with him as if he wanted to take me with him. Please do take me, I’m all yours, I whisper in my sleep. The next day I’ll wake up to realize I was still in this world, still alone.

The dreams keep returning. Every day for the past month it has come to haunt me. In a barren land I stand alone, with no past nor future, no lights at the end of the tunnel. Every night I’d wake up, screaming his name, my body drowning in sweat. Every night Nickhun would come running to my room, wrap me in his embrace shushing me, telling me it was just another dream.

They say time heals everything, but I guess it didn’t apply to me. Time didn’t take away my pain. Instead my heart died a little more every day he wasn’t there.

*****

“Minho ah. Please, it won’t do you any good if you keep it like that, he won’t come back.”

“I know.”

“Then why do you keep hurting yourself?”

“It’s hard to stop loving someone when your heart still does.”

*****

Summer turned to autumn. When winter once again came knocking on the door nothing had changed. Nothing had changed, except that my nightmares turned from bad to worse and Nickhun eventually had to move into my room.

When I couldn’t sleep, he’d stay awake with me. He’d wrap me in his strong arms, comforting me. Soft tunes from his voice would fill my heart with a strange peace, and I’d wonder why he was stuck here with me. He could easily have been a star.

When I woke up from my nightmares, screaming his name and heaving for air in fear, Nickhun would be the one to hold me, shushing me, reassuring me it was just another dream.
There were nights I was too scared to close my eyes and fall asleep, too scared to meet the dream again and again, tired of waiting for you to come back when you never did. On those nights I would crawl on to Nickhun’s bed. I’d curl myself up like a kitten in his embrace, resting my head on his chest and listening to his heartbeat.

Those nights no dreams would come to chase me.

When the next spring came I was smiling again. Nickhun never moved back to his own bedroom; another trainee settled there.

The habit of sleeping in Nickhun’s embrace stuck with me, but it’s no longer because I’m scared of the nightmares. The nightmares were gone and they never came back.

I guess time does heal everything.

Copyright © 2010 - Nyssaki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

This is sister blog of :: K-Pop Addict :: where you get to meet the creator up-close and personal.